Weekend Bucket List
I thought it would be fun to share a few things that I am excited for this weekend, I love a good list and like to make weekend ones, even if they are small… they make me feel good! So I thought I’d share my weekend Bucket List with you, hopefully is inspires you to make your own. Happy Friday, friends!
- Plant Seed Garden – I ordered these wildflower seeds a few weeks ago and I have yet to pot them. I thought it would be a really fun project to watch them grow. I typically buy plants, never seeds… so this will be a new challenge!
- Two Mile Walk to Baseball Fields – We’ve started a little weekend tradition where we walk Dolly down to our neighborhood baseball fields for a little game of fetch. The fields are completely empty, so it’s extra safe and Dolly just LOVES it. She sleeps the rest of the day!
- Tie Dye T-Shirts – My Tie-Dye kit came in on Monday. I’ve been watching YouTube videos (this was a great one!) on the best ways to tie-dye, because somehow I TOTALLY forgot how! But after a little research, I feel ready! I’m actually ridiculously excited about this one. Ha!
- Turkey BLTs – I’ve been craving a turkey BLT sandwich… doesn’t that sound like the perfect Saturday lunch?? I may even make homemade lemonade if I can find lemons, wish me luck!!
- Start a Puzzle – We have yet to break out the puzzles, but I think I’m most definitely doing that tomorrow morning. Freshly brewed coffee, a puzzle, and a new audio book sounds like pure heaven to me! We already have a puzzle we have yet to start on, so I can’t get a new one just yet, but isn’t this one pretty?!
- Movie & Popcorn – We’ve been picking a movie a week to watch together and it’s been so fun! Truthfully we aren’t TV people and typically only have one show we watch at a time, currently it’s Schitt’s Creek… so it’s really fun to pick a movie each week since most of our nights lately we are either reading or on zoom calls with friends! This weekend I really want to watch The Downton Abbey movie, have you seen it?!
- Finish a Book – I’m about half way through Christina Lauren’s Honey Don’t List so I’m hoping to finish that over the weekend! If you are looking for another sweet and fun read, I’d HIGHLY recommend this month’s book club pick, Love & Gelato, it’s just so good!
- Give Give Give – We’ve been doing all sorts of things to help out our local community in the past few weeks, from simple things like checking on neighbors, to making backyard flower bouquets, baking muffins for our USPS/UPS/FEDEX friends, ordering fabric to make masks, and virtually donating to our local food bank. But this weekend we are going to sit down with our budget and find other ways we can give even more to The Second Harvest Food Bank. I’ve been following along and the need is so great, and they have totally stolen our hearts!
- Get Fancy – After this week of mostly gym clothes, I think it might be fun to just get fancy one night for cocktails in the back yard. The designer Sue Sartor sent me the most beautiful kaftan and I think it would be perfect for cocktail hour on the back porch! I’ve been emailing back and forth with so many small business designers and I’ve been doing my best to support them any way I can! And honestly, who doesn’t love to play dress up?!
- Off Line – Maybe most importantly, spend some time off line. I feel like my phone is super glued to my hand and find myself getting jittery without it… which is crazy, I know. I feel like I could use a major detox!
… Do you have any non-plan-plans this weekend?!!