No Secret Handshake!
First of all, can I just say HOW excited I am about the success of The Ashley Brooke Book Club? I love that you all love these girly books just as much as I do and have dived in head first! It has been such a treat to read along side you these past 12 months. February will mark once year since the the book club began. It has seriously has been such a value add to my life, and hopefully yours too. The books I/we (Hi Katherine and Betsy, my fellow Book Club Editors!) pick are meant to be frivolous and fun, just like a good chick flick on a rainy Saturday afternoon. They are meant to be thrown in your tote, read on a beach, snuggled up before bed, or enjoyed with a giant bowl of popcorn. Like I’ve said a thousand times these books are just for you and just for fun! So for those of you who have been around for a while, I hope those words ring true!
Over the holidays my inbox and DMs were full of questions on how to join The Ashley Brooke Book Club, which is so great!! I love that many of you want to make reading a goal in 2020, and I am here for it. But I also had to laugh a little, because I kept just typing responses saying “you’re in!” Ha! So for all my new book-loving friends, I’m here today to give a breakdown of the book club.
How To Join The Ashley Brooke Book Club
There are a few ways to participate in the book club and I have listed them below. Our core crew (I know who you are! ;)) do ALL of these things and actively participate in the discussions… which I LOVE! So if you want to earn extra gold stars in my book, speak up, we want to know your thoughts!
- Read The Books! – On the 1st of each month I announce that month’s selection along with a link to order the book. Order the book or scoop it up the next time you are near a bookstore and read along with us.
- Follow on Instagram – Throughout the month we will post on Instagram about the book, asking questions like, “what chapter are you on?” “what character are you loving the most?“… etc. I love when you participate and hearing your thoughts on what you have read so far! We also post fun giveaways throughout the month as well, so it really is in your best interest to follow! 😉
- Sign Up for The Newsletter – The newsletter is where you’ll get the good stuff! You’ll get the announcement of that month’s selection, discussion posts, author interviews. Along with exclusive content like the monthly book club newsletter filled with extra recommendations, book news, etc. But mostly, you’ll want to sign up to receive our seasonal reading guides! Like our Holiday, Fall, Americana, and Summer Reading Guides. I eventually publish these on the blog, but it’s weeks after you get the guides if you subscribe. If nothing else, the guides are worth it. 😉
- Participate in the Discussions – At the end of each month we do a “Discussion Post“. This is where we discuss the book, ask questions, and chat in the comment section. Truthfully it’ my favorite post of the entire month! I love getting to know your thoughts.
- Follow on Goodreads – Okay, Goodreads has easily become my new favorite platform! It houses all of our bookclub picks along with my To Be Read Piles, and so much more! If you are a book girl, get yourself on over to Goodreads!
Hopefully this is helpful in getting you started, but however you participate… I’m just glad you are here and I hope you have fun reading along! xx