PSL For Life
(Featuring My Sister!)
After a little convincing, i.e. BEGGING, my sister has finally agreed to share her MAGICAL (seriously.) Pumpkin Spice syrup that will literally make you wish it was the morning just so that you can have your cup of coffee. Friends, it is THAT good. Also, it’s Gluten Free and Dairy Free which makes it unicorn syrup, you can write me a thank you note later!
Hey guys! Me again, Ashley Brooke’s sister Kyla, with more coffee goodness! I just so happen to be one of those people who is intolerant to a lot of the tasty things in life, but a firm believer that this minor road block should not deter anyone from getting to destination yum. A Starbucks’ PSL is one of my all time fave treats and we count down the days to it’s return every year in my household. With all of the rand-o ingredients in their Pumpkin Spice syrup, it is not “Kyla friendly” so I like to whip up my own here at home and share it with that cute sister of mine.
Hold on to your cinnamon friends, this is a good one!
This is the pumpkin I bought at the store. Make sure it is 100% pure pumpkin!
Once your syrup is cooled, grab your ABD mugs and froth up some milk (in my case coconut milk) and sip sip away!
Homemade PSL Coffee Syrup:
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cup water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Mix the pumpkin and the spices together in a small bowl.
- Add about ½ cup of the sugar water mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Now place all the mixtures back into the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain syrup with a fine sieve colander.
- Cool in refrigerator. It will thicken a bit more once it cools.
(Recipe adapted from CincyShopper.com)