GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU!
Here is just a peek at what I was up to this weekend…
Photo 1. Brewed Coffee Shop
On Thursday afternoon, we caught a flight to Dallas/Fort Worth to visit my husband’s sweet family for the weekend! I had THE best time listening to his grandparents tell stories about their adventures around the world, and what makes their marriage so special. They were bubbling over with love for each other, which made for such a sweet weekend. On top of spending time with Granny and Pappaw, we also were able to see tons of my husband’s extended family; we ate just about every meal with a different set of cousins–made for a weekend filled with fun and TONS of food! And to put icing on the cake, my best girl (and ABD right hand) Francesca just so happened to be in Dallas at the same time (she lives in OK and I live in FL so anytime we get to have real face time, it’s a miracle!!), so we got to meet her family and explore a little night life in Downtown Dallas! So I’m just going to say it… best weekend ever!
P.S. In between lunch and dinner plans, Ryan and I popped into Brewed for a little caffeinated pick-me-up! Their lattes were so good, and the atmosphere was straight off a Southern Pinterest board.
Photo 2. Steel City Pops
Oh my gosh, who knew an avocado popsicle could be so good?! Seriously, it was so good we went back before we left for the airport on Sunday for another!
Photo 3. Kolache Shoppe
When my husband was growing up in Texas, his Granny and Pappaw would take him and his brothers to this little neighborhood Czech Kolache Shoppe for cinnamon rolls and kolaches. So naturally, we stopped by and picked up a box full of sugary goodness and brought it over to their house for breakfast. It was so sweet to see their faces light up with the memories at the sight of these cinnamon rolls!
I hope your weekend was equally as lovely, but for now I am off to go get this week started! Cheers to an extra fabulous and productive week!
P.S. Below, I made a list of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas to-do’s (mostly where to eat!) in case you are interested!!
Things to do, see, drink, and eat in Dallas and Fort Worth, TX:
- Coffee and a Beer at Brewed (Fort Worth): their lattes are amazing! Also, we had the kale salad and sweet potato fries; OHMYGOSH so good! Oh and try the beer on tap… “Revolver” was my favorite!
- Popsicles at Steel City Pops (Dallas & Fort Worth): I wish we had one of these in Orlando! Also, if you don’t get the Avocado Pop, you are doing it wrong.
- Cinnamon rolls at the teeny tiny Kolache Shoppe (Fort Worth): they are homemade and amazing. Oh, and they were playing Andy Griffith in their little seating area, which gives them extra points in my book!
- Lunch (if it’s nice out!!) at the Woodshed Smokehouse (Fort Worth): the brussel sprouts and Mexican corn were pretty much the best things I have ever had. Also, hello chocolate pie!!!!!
- Brunch at American Food and Beverage (Fort Worth): we went their on Sunday and it was amazing! Also, our cousin Molly designed the inside… so it was even more fun to dine there! Their savory and sweet scones are to die for. Also, I had the smoked brisket hash–so good.
- Drinks at the Rattlesnake Bar at Ritz Carlton (Dallas): the people watching and cocktails are top notch! Definitely a must-do!
Obviously there are so many other things to do, these are just a few of the things we did (let’s be real, ate!) while we were there that I’d highly recommend!