Chocolate Chip Cookies + Puzzles
We did all the low key things again this weekend and it was lovely. We made some serious progress on our puzzle we’ve been working on (more on that later), I baked chocolate chip cookies, we took 3 hour long naps, went on afternoon walks, worked on our budget, and made Buddy Brew French pressed coffee each morning. It was both a relaxing and productive weekend. Plus, I even cleaned out my dresser, which was like running a marathon. Next up, closet!
On Sunday, late afternoon, my sister surprised me with a date to Barnes & Noble, which literally made my whole day! We got hot lattes and browsed books for a couple of hours. We ended up walking out with matching books and puzzles… it was such an unexpected and fun treat! And if my day couldn’t get any better, my BFF Deanna showed up at my house at 9:00pm with a bottle of wine… we sat on the couch and laughed until way past my bedtime. Sunday was just what the doctor ordered.
We are both feeling refreshed and ready for a big week ahead. Tuesday is Ryan’s birthday so I’m looking forward to celebrating my favorite guy all week long! I’m thinking donuts every day is appropriate, don’t you?!
5 Things I’m Loving:
1. Puzzles – If you don’t currently have a puzzle going, I’d suggest you order one on Amazon and have it shipped to your house tomorrow. I had forgotten how much fun they are! On Sunday afternoon I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies, turned on some jazz music and got to work on our latest 1000 piece puzzle. We may be 85 at heart, but I don’t care.
2. Marriage Vacation – Do you watch Younger?! OMG you haaaavvveee too! It’s hands down my favorite show, plus it has Hillary Duff, so there’s really very little not to love. The show is based around a publishing house in NYC and the big book they’ve been working on in the show is “Marriage Vacation”. So when my sister and I were at Barnes & Noble and spotted the actual book, we HAD to get it. Who knew it was a real book and not just a fictional?! I’ll keep you updated on it – can’t wait to read it!
3. Daisy Dress – On Friday I posted a photo on Instagram wearing a retro daisy dress and my inbox flooded with questions about it! I am planning on doing a whole post on it because it is that good, but go get it now! It’s so comfy and the print is just the cutest ever.
4. Lavender Watch – My favorite watch, the one I wear every single day, recently came out in this pretty lavender color and I’m totally drooling over it. Clearly, I don’t need it because I have the gold one, but PLEASE someone buy it so I can live vicariously through you. Please. Pretty please.
5. Personalized Phone Cases – I’m sure you follow Blair from Atlantic Pacific, but if you don’t, you need to make that your next stop. Her style is unreal and the way she puts things together is art. Recently she’s been carrying around this personalized phone case that reminds me of something Carrie from Sex & The City would have had… it’s quirky, cute, and fabulous. Thinking we all need to get ourselves one… don’t you agree?!
Shop The Post: