A Homebody’s Heaven
We had another sweet weekend at home, catching up on house chores, taking bike rides, devouring books, and watching movies… I can’t complain. I’ve said it before, but I’m a homebody at heart so I’m definitely soaking up these weekends together snuggled up at home!
5 Things I’m Loving
1. Emmy’s Cookies (with coconut whipped cream + strawberries, pictured above) – My girlfriend Malvie brought us dinner a few days ago in the cutest little tote bag and along with dinner she included dessert. Per her instructions, dessert was to be Emmy’s Vanilla Bean Cookies with fresh cut strawberries and coconut whipped cream. I did exactly what she said (i.e. layer them in a bowl) and OMG it was like strawberry shortcake. If you are dairy-free like me, or heck even if you aren’t, this will change your life. I don’t know whether to thank Malvie or get mad at her because I’ve had it every night since Thursday!
2. Everybody Always – I started this book a few months ago and thought I’d left it on a plane. Then I found it in one of my carry-on bags over the weekend, so I picked up where I left off. I finished it on Saturday evening and I’m so glad I did… this book is just as good as his first book, Love Does, and is so encouraging. I would HIGHLY recommend you read this book next whether your a follower of Jesus or not, I promise you won’t regret it! Also, on Sunday morning, since Ryan can’t be in crowds during treatment, we watched this sermon that Bob Goff preached on patience at North Point in Atlanta recently. Such a great sermon and WELL worth the 37 minutes.
3. Striped Jumpsuit – J.Crew is killing me with their sale this week. SO. Many. Good. Things. Like this clutch and this maxi dress, but while shopping the sale on Sunday afternoon I came across this striped bow jumpsuit. Isn’t it everything?! Put it on your must-have Summer list! Also, get it now… because you know the good stuff always goes fast!
4. Mama Mia, Here We Go Again! – We saw Mama Mia, Here We Go Again last week and it was adorable! If you haven’t seen it, make a movie date ASAP! The only problem is that I haven’t been able to get the songs out of my head since seeing it 6 days ago! All of the sudden I’ll be washing dishes and singing “My my, how can I resist you?…”, ha! I guess there could be worse problems to have.
5. Cropped Joggers – I’ve been living in comfy clothes recently and I have these pair of pink pajama pants that are 15 years old that I can’t get enough of, but as you can imagine… they’ve seen MUCH better days! I’ve been toying with the idea of replacing them (let’s be real that will never happen) when I came across these joggers I thought, now, this is a pair of pants I can get behind. Plus I love that I can get them in so many fun colors! Maybe I’ll just get a pair and slowly transition… seems like the best path forward, doesn’t it?!
Shop The Post: