Good morning and happy Friday to you! A few weeks ago I posted an instagram of Chai Tea Lattes that I made for the girls in the studio that day, and a lot of you had questions on how I whipped up such a yummy concoction! So I thought I’d share!
A few months back I told you that I needed to stop eating sugar completely for 3 months and do a little “reset” in hopes that my headaches would go away… and guess what, they did! But when I started doing some research on my new way of eating, I found out even though I really don’t have a sweet-tooth, there were a few things in my regular diet that had surprisingly a lot of sugar. Ahem… Starbucks, I’m looking at you and your Chai Tea Lattes with FORTY EIGHT GRAMS OF SUGAR…. WHAAAA?!?!?!?!? Anyways, as you can tell, my favorite drink of choice became quickly out of the question and that’s when I got creative! This is literally the world’s easiest thing ever. And if you are dairy free, you can easily swap out skim milk for coconut milk or almond milk! Coconut milk frothes better than almond… just as an FYI!
1. Steep your Chai Tea (I use Bigelow Vanilla Chai) in hot water for 4 mins.
2. While tea is steeping… steam and froth skim milk (I use this nifty frother!)
3. Remove tea bag, and pour in steamed milk and foam
4. Top off with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
* P.S. And, if you want your tea to taste extra special… you are going to need one of these!