Let’s Get Fizzy!
Since it’s Friday and all, I thought I would share with you a fun little Summer cocktail recipe that will make the perfect weekend companion! Watermelon is pretty much my favorite fruit, and I will find ways to incorporate it into everything! When I stumbled upon this recipe a few weeks ago, I said “SOLD!” Gin + watermelon. Could one ask for anything more?
I hope you enjoy this cocktail, and make sure if you whip it up this weekend to tell us what you think with #cookingwithABD!
On another note, some cocktails are so hard to make, needing rare organic rose bitters and such. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE a fancy craft cocktail, but this recipe is super easy and only takes 4 ingredients, most you probably already have on hand!
The original recipe calls for pureed watermelon, but to be quite honest, I didn’t want to wash that many dishes (ha!), so I muddled it! Feel free to puree, but muddling worked perfectly.
Also, I had ginger brew on hand since our favorite cocktail in the Summer is a Moscow Mule; I think this recipe would taste equally as good with regular ole’ ginger ale! Use what you have.
- 2 cups diced watermelon, pureed or muddled
- 3 ounces gin, divided (1.5 per serving)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, (2 tbs per serving)
- 1/2 (ish!) cup ginger ale, divided
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients into cocktail shaker
- Shake hard
- Pour over ice
- Let us know if you try out the recipe! Share a photo on social media with #cookingwithABD & @ashleybrookedesigns