DIY Crop Top Tie-Dye Tee’s
First, let me just say, I had forgotten just how much fun tie-dye is…. it’s an actual blast. We used to tie-dye everything as a kid, but gosh, I haven’t done it in years. This past Saturday I busted out my $14 kit and $11 t-shirts and got lost in the project. If you are looking for something fun to do, I would HIGHLY recommend this! You can quite literally tie-dye everything. It’s a two day process and involves delayed gratification, but it’s well worth the wait.
I’m not usually a tie-dye person, but recently I’ve been seeing tie-dye everything and I just kept thinking to myself, I could totally do that. After watching a few YouTube tutorials I was totally up for the challenge.
How to Tie-Dye Resources and Notes:
- Wash and dry your garment first!!
- I watched this video which I found to be extremely helpful. I felt like I needed to see someone else do it first and then it was SUPER easy!
- I used this blog post to find different patterns and folding techniques, which was super helpful.
- The color will fade, so if it seems too dark at first, don’t worry… once you rinse out the dye the color should fade quite a bit!
- This process is extremely messy! The dye will get on ALL the things, ha! I’d recommend doing it in the grass/outside if you are able.
- Once you dye you have to wait 6-12hrs. I had totally forgot about that! I ended up leaving mine over night, and was thrilled with the results.
- Prepare to be addicted!!! Now I want to tie-dye everything in sight!
I hope you get the chance to try this out sometime in the next few weeks. Whether you need a project for yourself or kids, I promise this one will not disappoint! It really is something to do with your hands. Fingers crossed you enjoy it as much as I did.
P.S. Keep an eye out on instagram, I’ll be posting a time-lapse of the entire process later today!