Sweet As Syrup!
Featuring my sister!
Hey guys! I’mmmm baaaack, Ashley Brooke’s sister Kyla, with even more coffee goodness (see my previous posts here, here, & here!)! This recipe is not only gluten free and dairy free, but also turns your coffee a pretty little shade of PINK! (I know, genius)! So, let’s jump right into it then, shall we?!
This recipe is best when blackberries are in season. If your blackberries are tart, you will need more sugar.
Hello Mr. Handsome! This syrup is so tasty, your man wont even mind that his coffee is a teensy bit pink!
Homemade Blackberry Coffee Syrup:
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Rinse blackberries
- Place blackberries and water into a blender until liquefied
- Strain this blackberry liquid with a fine colander into a small sauce pot
- Add sugar and stir over medium high heat until mixture bubbles and sugar dissolves
- Let simmer about 3 minutes on low heat
- Let cool completely
- Pour into your container of choice and YUM!