My Favorite Month of The Year!
My friends and family joke that I inspired the movie Elf… and quite frankly, it could be very possible. Christmas cheer never gets old to me. I love all the cheesy, ridiculous, over-the-top, pomp and circumstance of the season. I have yet to meet a holiday I didn’t like, but Christmas is just downright magical. And somehow I married a man who loves me enough to humor me during this season. Although to be honest, I think my festiveness is starting to rub off on him!
Every year Ryan and I sit down and make an epic December Bucket list full of holiday activities, parades, caroling, etc. But every year, without fail, January rolls around and we never made a dent in our list… it’s honestly quite depressing. The last few years we’ve been so busy with work we’ve barely looked up. So this year we made a pact to stick to our holiday bucket list at all costs! I even made a google calendar with all the events so that we’d actually remember to do them. So far, 5 days into December, we are really making great strides!
Again, as cheesy as it sounds it really has been a fun past five days (see here!) and I cannot wait to see what the rest of December holds. Life is truly nutty, whichever way you shake it, so it’s nice to put some real effort into having f-u-n. I’m over being the over-worked-too-busy-to-be-fun people and I’m 100% leaning into the work-hard-play-hard mentality. And I’ve got to be real with you… it’s WAY better!
I was really excited about our list and more than anything our intentionality this December with getting out and really living. But I got a kick out of how much you all are into it as well. On Friday night over on my Instagram Stories I mentioned our December Bucket List and the DMs started flooding in about what all was on the list, where could they find the list, how could they make their own… so now that I know we are all in the same boat of wanting to have MORE FUN, I thought I would share our list with you! It’s not location specific, but I bet if you look you can find all of these things to do in your home town.
So, without further ado…
December 2017 Bucket List:
- Christmas Movie & Picnic in the Park – Done! (see here)
- Christmas Shopping, in an actual Mall – Done! (went on Saturday… only bought one gift, but the Christmas buzz was fun!)
- Decorate Sugar Cookies – Done! (Did that on Sunday at my parent’s house, we had the BEST time.)
- Go see the Dickens Christmas Carolers – (It’s happening tomorrow! Can’t wait!)
- Throw or Attend a Fancy Christmas Party – (attending one on Saturday, I already have my outfit picked out and ready!)
- Order and mail Christmas cards – Done! Waiting for them to arrive so I can mail them out!
- Watch ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’ – We have plans to make this happen on Saturday!
- Roast S’mores at our own back-yard bonfire on a “chilly” night (remember we live in FL!)
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights with hot cocoa.
- DIY Ugly Christmas Sweaters
- Throw or Attend an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party – We have a party on the books! Can’t wait!
- Go on a fancy holiday date night (hint hint, Ryan!)
- Watch ‘Love Actually’ with Girlfriends
- Host a Holiday Girls’ Craft Night and make ornaments – We planned it yesterday… girls’ night is officially on the calendar!
- Have brunch with Santa – Made reservations!
- Visit Disney to see the decorations
- Watch ‘The Holiday’ while wrapping gifts
- Master a new holiday cocktail
- Go to The Nutcracker Ballet – Bought the tickets! This is one of my favorites and a tradition running for 4 straight years!
- Make homemade caramel corn for neighbors (we deliver these each year to neighbors, friends, mailmen, and neighborhood garbage collectors)
So that’s it ladies and gentlemen, THE LIST. I hope it inspires you to make your own, to get out and have some fun this December. With all the parties, family events, and responsibilities of the season it can get overwhelming quickly… so take some time out and schedule in a little festive-ness for you and your favorite people!
Oh! And don’t forget to tell me what’s on your list this season, I can always make room for something else! 😉