Our Favorite Place
We spent the better part of the last week in one of our favorite places: Blue Ridge, Georgia. AKA,heaven on earth.
My parents built a beautiful cabin nestled into the Blue Ridge Mountains in 2006, and we’ve been vacationing there ever since. It’s our home away from home, our hideout, and by far my family’s favorite place to be together. Blue Ridge has truly become our home.
Over the past 15 years, we’ve had the privilege of witnessing the tiny town of Blue Ridge explode! What was then a little unknown town has now become a true southern travel destination. Much like a Hallmark movie, the town is idyllic and charming, full of all the usual characters. It’s not uncommon to see a genuine sign in a shop window that says “gone fishing”, or for a restaurant to be closed on a Tuesday… it’s everything you want in a small town–plus more!
I often get questions about this special place, so I thought I’d get some of my favorites written down for you to have as a resource! The options in Blue Ridge are truly endless, and each time I’m there I discover something new. So hopefully if you are on the verge of booking a trip to BR, this Blue Ridge Georgia Travel Guide will be the post that convinces you! You’ll love it, I promise.
Blue Ridge Georgia Travel Guide: Where to Stay, Eat, and Play
Cabin Rentals, VRBOs, & Hotels
There are lots of options here, but I would definitely recommend renting a cabin! You’ll get the whole mountain experience that way.
- Rent Our Cabin – My parents actually rent out our family cabin, so it you are looking for a cozy getaway tucked in the mountains, I can’t recommend it enough. It truly is one of the most magical places!
- Cabin Rentals – Just like almost any mountain town, there are so many rentals in all shapes and sizes, like this GIANT one and this tiny one.
- Hotels – If you are looking to stay in town, The Hampton Inn is for you!
The Best Restaurants and Coffee Shops in Blue Ridge
Note: I would *highly* recommend calling ahead of time and even making a reservation in some cases, because honestly you just NEVER know. This town is known for its crazy hours of operations, so do yourself a favor and just check. 😉
- Das Kaffee Haus – I cannot even begin to tell you how happy we all were when Das Kaffee Haus opened up. Y’all, the town NEEDED a coffee shop, and we got a great one.
- Harvest on Main – This is by far my favorite restaurant in Blue Ridge. It’s true farm-to-table, and just so good. You will not regret making a reservation.
- Masseria Kitchen & Bar – If you are looking for a great pizza place, look no further! Plus, they have gluten and dairy free options!
- Cucina Rustica – WOW. If you are looking for a fancier meal, this is it. Book a reservation, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Carroll’s Barbeque – In my opinion, it’s the best BBQ in town. SO GOOD.
- Black Sheep – They are known for their brunch, and I just love the outdoor seating.
- The Pasta Market – I haven’t been yet, but this looks AMAZING. Hello charcuterie boards!
- Out of The Blue – Best place to buy wine in town. Sarah is the owner, and she knows her stuff.
- Jolly Roger Sea Food – Not only is this a fabulous fish market, but it’s also a restaurant. All of your fish fry dreams will come true here.
- Grumpy Old Men Brewery – Such a fun spot–beer and hotdogs!
- The Trailer Drive-in – This has been a Blue Ridge staple for as long as I can remember. If you are looking for a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit… look no further.
- Private Chef – We hired Chef Trey to come to our cabin and cook a special dinner for my Dad’s 60th birthday a few years ago, and it is still one of my favorite Blue Ridge dining experiences.
What to Do in Blue Ridge
Honestly, I just like being outside as much as possible while I’m in BR. Hiking, swimming, swinging on the front porch. Doesn’t take much to make me happy here!
- Mercier’s Apple Orchard – Whether it’s apple season or not, Mercier’s is a MUST. Go get yourself an apple fritter, and take in the views!
- Downtown Blue Ridge – The perfect spot for an afternoon stroll, a little ice cream, and light shopping. It’s the CUTEST.
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway – This is the most fun. Plus, who doesn’t love a train?!?!
- Swan Drive-in Theater – This is one of my very favorite things to do in Blue Ridge. I mean really, when is the last time you went to a drive-in theater?! Also, this one serves fried Oreos.
- Hiking – The hiking trails are endless in and around Blue Ridge; daily hikes are a staple for us.
- Lake Blue Ridge – Spending a day on Lake Blue Ridge is my idea of heaven. You can just pop in for a dip in the lake or if you are feeling adventurous, the marina offers daily boat, paddle board, or canoe rentals. We rent a pontoon boat each trip, and it always ends up being the BEST day.
- White Water Rafting or Tubing – I always think this is a blast! You can’t go wrong with a day spent on the river.
Hopefully this list gets you started on your trip! Like I said, the options are endless and there are so many wonderful things to do, see, and eat in Blue Ridge. And if you are looking to do a little more research, check out the official town page for more information; I always find it to be a really helpful resource as well!