This is the second instalment of “Blogging Etiquette: For the Blogger Pt. 1” that I posted yesterday. This is for all of you who comment! Hope this is helpful!
For the Blog Reader/Commenter
- Post comments that are related to the entry. If you must post a hello to the writer, email it to them, or post it in their chat box (if any).
- If you have your own blog, don’t blatantly promote yourself on other’s blogs. Especially if the entry is unrelated to you.
- If you don’t like it, move on. If you don’t share a blogger’s opinions, don’t make it your mission to spam his/her blog with your vile personal attacks. There are so many blogs to choose from in the blogsphere, find a new one to frequent.
- If you’ve accidentally posted repeat comments, apologize to the blog owner, preferably via email. You could post the apology with another comment, but be careful not to have it posted multiple times again.
- Rude and childish behaviour just because you’re an anonymous commenter or are behind a pseudonym is unacceptable. As much as good manners is required in the real world, it works the same in the blogsphere.
- If you’re emotionally riled by a blogger, pause before you hit submit. You might regret what you wrote.