Blogging is great but can be unfortunate when someone has terrible blogging etiquette. We all know how that goes… so I found this great website from The Pink Teapot that lays it all out there. So brush up on your dos and don’ts!
For the Blogger
- Bear in mind that you’re writing for a global audience. Even though your blog may be a personal one, it’s still public and accessible to anyone.
- Navel gazing is passé. Gone are the days when you could tell the world what you had for lunch or dinner, and whether you burped 10 times today. If you want an audience, write for a specific topic (or a few) which you believe you’re good at.
- Be creative, don’t steal other people’s content. Just because you don’t have anything to write to maintain your blog, does not give you the right to copy and paste other people’s work onto yours.
- Don’t be afraid to have an opinion. It doesn’t hurt to belong to one side of the fence. In fact, it might make your blog more interesting. If you’re afraid of criticism, you might need to think twice about keeping a blog.
- Don’t make your blog an excuse to make a personal attack on someone. Remember the old saying “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
- Attribution. Always return credit where possible. If you are going to copy a text, or use an image, please return the credit and link back to where you found the material.
- Don’t steal bandwidth. If you are going to use an image off a blog, save it on to your own image hosting site. It’s rude to copy the image source and link it directly to your own blog.
- If you’re emotionally riled by a commenter, pause before you hit submit. You might regret what you wrote.I will post the giveaway winner later today!!! Stay tuned!