Can this be real life? Saturday was National Lipstick Day, and today is National Avocado Day. July is really shaping up to be my favorite month ever. I’m an avid avocado eater. Before they were cool and hipster-y, I was eating an avocado a day. I am and always will be obsessed.
I like them plain, baked, mashed, mixed, and scooped. You name it, I like it. So much so that my family always jokes I always bring an avocado in my handbag to family dinners. Honestly, I did that like one time, and they will NEVER let me live it down. Sometimes you just need to BYOA, ya know?!
Anyway, I thought I’d share three of my favorite avocado recipes for you just in case you need one more reason to go back to the grocery store this Monday!
My 3 Favorite Avocado Recipes:
1. Avocado Toast with Prosciutto + Egg
This is my favorite breakfast, hands down. If you haven’t tried it yet, it will change your life and your mornings.
- 1 Slice of Seeded Bread
- 1 Slice of Prosciutto
- 1/4 of an Avocado
- 1 Egg
- Salt, Pepper, and Red Peper to Taste
- While the bread is toasting, mash up the avocado. Once the bread is done, spread the mashed avocado over the bread.
- Then heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and place the prosciutto in the pan until it crisps up. Watch carefully and flip often.
- Next fry your egg.
- Top the toast with the crisp prosciutto, then with the egg and enjoy!
2. Green Avocado Smoothie
Have you put avocado in your smoothie? Because you should. It makes it oh-so-creamy and delicious!
- 1/2 Cup Banana
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 2 Cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 Apple Pealed & Cored
- 1/2 Avocado Chopped
- Ice As Needed
- Blend, and enjoy!
3. The Best Guacamole Ever
Not to brag, but I think this is will be the best guacamole you’ll ever have. PROMISE.
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/4 Lime (juiced)
- 1/2 tbs minced Garlic
- 1/8 cup diced Red Onion
- 1 1/2 tbs minced Cilantro
- Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- Cracked Sea Salt (to taste)
- Mash together first five ingredients.
- Season with red pepper flakes & cracked sea salt to taste.
You’ll have to let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think! Also, don’t be shy… tell me your favorite avocado recipes, I’m dying to know!