When I sat down to write today’s blog post my mind went a little, well, blank. I had big plans to do a whole holiday pajama round up today (spoiler alert: these are my current faves), but this is what came out instead. Just a hodgepodge of things that are making very happy!
Feel free to steal any one of these things for yourself, and let me know in the comments below whats sparking joy for you!
A Happy List.
1. The Weather. It’s lame to start with the weather, but I’m lame. THE WEATHER IS GLORIOUS. After what felt like the hottest Summer of all time (I say that every year) the heat has finally lifted. I feel like Dolly and want to just roll around in the grass, it makes me so happy.
2. Baking. I can’t stop. I’m so obsessed with our new kitchen and want to spend every single spare second I have doing something in the kitchen. My hands are raw from washing SO many dishes. But I can’t be stopped. I tested out my favorite pumpkin pie recipe yesterday. Gosh, it’s good.
2. Dolly. She’s the cutest creature. We’ve hired a trainer to help us with a few things and she is picking it up QUICK. She’s such a little people pleaser and will do practically anything to hear a “good girl!” Every night we typically have to fish her out from under the bed. She loves her crate, but she treats it like a game and thinks it’s funny when we can’t get her. But the last few nights we’ve gone into our room and there she is, already sitting in her crate, ready for her “good girl”. It’s the sweetest.
4. Dash & Lilly on Netflix. This is the exact type of entertainment I need in my life right now. My best friend Betsy told me I’d love it, and she was not wrong. I’m only one episode in but I’m HOOKED.
5. Crafting. I’ve always been this way, but y’all, no joke I could craft all day. The only problem is that I get bored with a craft after I’ve mastered it and want to immediately move onto something new. But really and truly, it’s so much fun to just see what you can make with your own hands. Tomorrow I’m going to try my hand at dyeing my own linen napkins for my Thanksgiving table! Wish me luck, ha!
6. Ribbons. I’ve been on a ribbon kick lately and I just found the prettiest ribbon shop on Etsy that I can’t get enough of. I’ve ordered a few things and I can’t wait for them to come in! I think they will make the perfect addition under my tree.
7. Decorating for Christmas. These past few weeks I haven’t been ready to pull all the Christmas boxes down, but I’m there. I wrote a post earlier this week about my favorite holiday decor items and I am getting so excited. We decided we’d officially start on Friday night, but I’ve been doing little things here and there. Yesterday I planted poinsettias. 🙂
Okay, what’s making you happy this week?!