… because, same.
I took this picture of Dolly on Wednesday night and thought to myself, girl, I feel ya. She looked how I felt. Tired, in desperate need of a shower, and um, a little grumpy. Honestly, it made me giggle.
Anyway, just like when you are going through anything there are days where you feel like wow, look at me go, and then there are days where you eat all the Easter candy and don’t get out of your pajamas. Both are good, both are normal, and I think both are more than okay.
This week had all of those days and I’ve got to tell you, I’m thankful for Friday! My brother-in-law was joking with me on the phone the other day and said, “Ash, days don’t matter right now, it’s just today, yesterday, and tomorrow.” Which is totally true…. but I’M HOLDING ON TO THE WEEKEND! And the thought of Friday just feels good, you know?!
So in an effort to tell you all the good things, because, WOW, honestly there are so many, I thought I’d share with you 5 really good things.
1. Ryan and I stayed up late one night playing Go Fish and drinking wine in our sweats. I just kept thinking, I never ever want to forget this moment. Simple and sweet.
2. My sister is pregnant and I want to be with her 24/7, so we facetime almost every single day for at least an hour. I just set the phone up while I’m folding laundry or doing dishes and we talk about tiny baby clothes and nursery updates. I look forward to our calls every day.
3. The Ashley Brooke Facebook Group is just making me so happy. I truthfully can’t believe y’all are there, chatting and cheering each other on. Seriously, I’ve been blown away!
4. Ordering flowers with my groceries. I’ve been adding tulips and other flowers to my Shipt orders and guys, fresh flowers in the house makes a world of a difference! Seriously so good.
5. Coffee Pick Up! Once a week we will drive 30 minutes to our favorite coffee shop to get curb side lattes and, wow, do I look forward to Tuesdays. It’s such a fun outing.
That’s 5, but in all seriousness, there are so many more. I love having long talks with my mom and dad, seeing Ryan play games via zoom with his brothers, the slowness of the days, Dolly’s crazy hair, and the neighbors all out on their porches. There is always so much to be thankful for.
I’d love to hear your top five!